When a paid user wants to create a task as a Job Owner and assign it to a Resource.
A job needs to be created before creating a task
- Click on 'Tasks' in the navigation menu then 'New Task' or click on the 'New Task' button from within any of the task list pages
Will need to re-shot this as 'new task' text is not correct
- Select a Job from the drop down list
- Enter a 'Task Name'
- *Select a 'Resource '
- Enter a 'Task Order' (not mandatory)
- A 'Task Duration'
- A 'Planned Date'
- A 'Due Date'
- Check the box 'Yes' or 'No' for Chargeable
- Add an attachment if required
- Add a note if required
- Click 'Save' or 'Save and New' to create another task
Will need to re-shot this as this page has edits to be done
i.e move 'task' in front of all of the dates.
If the Resource is not in the drop down list this is because you are not linked to them, see Assign Task to a New Resource for steps.
After a task is scheduled (meaning it is not only created but it is assigned to a resource and a planned date is entered) then the task will be at status 'Requested' and therefore it will be in the requested task list.
A notification will be sent to the resource via email and now the task can be; Edit a Task, Reschedule a Task, Reassign a Task, Cancel a Task, Delete a Task